Saturday, September 5, 2015

Join us on our journey..

Welcome, Friends!  
On the pages of this blog you will see the journey that I am on.  It will be a long road, but I am convinced that this is my story for a reason. Ben and I found out that our sweet unborn son, Benjamin Michael has an omphalocele.  
This is a rare birth defect (1 in every 5-7 thousand) in which the bowel, liver, and other abdominal organs protrude out of the abdomen. (Some of his “insides” are on the outside.)  In our case, Baby Ben’s bowel and liver are currently protruding, and part of his stomach is also trying to push its way out. This was not caused by anything that was or was not done on anyone’s part (yes, mommies, that was my first question.)  Our doctors told us that his omphalocele was there from the beginning, before we even knew the joyous news that we were pregnant.
My precious son will be born perfectly imperfect.
These posts will follow our journey on this road, I pray you will be encouraged, as well as find my Baby Ben in your prayers. 

1 comment: